Ann Davie, Depute Chief Executive – Education People & Business
Tuesday, 4 May, 2021
Special Meeting of Council – Tuesday 29th June 2021
Karen M Donnelly, Chief Solicitor & Monitoring Officer, Legal & Democratic Services
This Technical Note will be published on the Council’s website following circulation to Member. Its contents may be disclosed or shared outwith the Council.
- The purpose of this technical note is to inform Members of plans for a Special Council meeting on 29th June 2021.
- Members will be aware that the last scheduled Council meeting in advance of the summer is schedule has been impacted by the operational response to COVID-19 pandemic and the imminent election. Decision making has taken place via delegated reports or by Council.
- Members will also be aware that a cycle of meetings is scheduled to take place on 17th June 2021.
- Ordinarily, the Council’s draft accounts would be presented to the last meeting before the meeting recess. The accounts for 2020/21 are particularly complex given the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on expenditure, revenue and funding where additional funding is awarded on a topic by topic basis and requires the Council to examine and then accept numerous grants and other awards on a weekly basis.
- Officers require more time to complete the preparation of the draft Accounts and so in accordance with Standing Order 3 (a) the Provost is calling a special meeting of Council on 29th June 2021. This meeting will commence at 17:00 and will be facilitated via webex. An invitation will be issued to Members diaries.