1. The purpose of this Technical Note is to update Members in relation to a proposed special meeting of the Council on 28th October 2021.
2. Members will be aware that the Scottish Government is currently consulting on proposals to introduce a National Care Service. The proposals are significant and as currently set out will have a substantial impact on both the Council and the Health & Social Care Partnership.
3. The consultation is scheduled to close on 2nd November 2021, which is just short of the Council meeting scheduled for 4th November 2021
4. Given the significance of the proposed National Care Service and the importance of the Council responding, it is proposed to arrange a special meeting of Council. This meeting will enable Members to consider the issues flowing from the current proposals and also agree a Council response.
5. Following consultation with the Provost, it has been agreed that the special meeting of the Council for this purpose will take place on 28th October 2021 at 5pm. Meeting invites will be issued shortly.