1. The purpose of this Technical Note is to update Members in relation to arrangements for a training session on the Councillors Code of Conduct.
2. Members will be aware that it has be customary for officers to deliver at least one training session a year which provides an update on the Councillors Code of Conduct. This did not happen during 2020 due to the impact of COVID-19 on resources.
3. It is proposed to arrange 2 update sessions next month –
Wednesday 10th November @ 11:00
Thursday 11th November @ 14:30
Each session will be held on webex.
4. Members will be invited to both sessions, however need only attend one as each session will cover the same material.
5. The Training will look at the current status of the Code of Conduct, including the ongoing review. It will also update Members on recent cases. There will also be an opportunity to ask questions.
6. Following the Training, Members will be invited to update Registers of Interest, prior to the end of the year, through to the local government election in May 2022.
7. Whilst officers will not issue a further reminder to update Registers of Interest in advance of the election, Members are reminded that the Register must be kept up to date, and that this is a personal responsibility embedded in the Code of Conduct.
8. Any change in circumstances should be reflected in the Register and intimated to the Chief Solicitor & Monitoring Officer within one month. If any Member is unsure as to whether a change in circumstances requires to be recorded, they should make early with contact the Chief Solicitor & Monitoring Officer for advice.