From January 2015 all P1-P3 pupils are entitled to Free School Meal. Free school meals are also granted to all other pupils whose parents/carers get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support*
- Income Based Job Seekers' Allowance*
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)*
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, where the award letter from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) states that the annual income is under £16,105*
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit, where the award letter from Her Majesty's Revenue Customs (HMRC) states that the annual income is below £6,900*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit (where the monthly earned incomes does not exceed £610)
* Pupils are eligible to apply for free school meals in their own right if they are aged 16 to 18, and receive one of these benefits.
Making an Application
You can download a copy of the Free School Meal application form from the documents section attached.
Alternatively, they can be obtained from your school or form libraries or our Community Hubs.
Please return your completed application form to any East Dunbartonshire Council Community Hub.