From January 2015 all P1-P3 pupils are entitled to Free School Meal. Free school meals are also granted to all other pupils whose parents/carers get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support*
- Income Based Job Seekers' Allowance*
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)*
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, where the award letter from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) states that the annual income is under £16,105*
- Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit, where the award letter from Her Majesty's Revenue Customs (HMRC) states that the annual income is below £7,330*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit (where the monthly earned incomes does not exceed £610)
* Pupils are eligible to apply for free school meals in their own right if they are aged 16 to 18, and receive one of these benefits.
Making an Application: School session beginning August 2020/21
We have updated our approach to free school meal, free early years meal and school clothing grant applications. There is one simple online form which you should complete for all children in your household.
You should upload scans or photos of all the supporting documentation required as evidence of your eligibility, so that this can be verified and the application processed.
Please submit this online application form, with all supporting documentation:
Please note: There is now just one combined online form for all free school meal, free early years meal and School Clothing Grant applications.