Parents have the responsibility to ensure that their children have adequate footwear and clothing to take full advantage of the education provided at school. The Council will help parents to meet this responsibility by providing a grant to those who are eligible to purchase appropriate school clothing and footwear for their child(ren).
- Eligible pupils attending Primary School will receive £120
- Eligible pupils attending Secondary School will receive £150
- Children attending an Early Years Centre are not eligible to receive clothing grant
Clothing grants will be paid to parents/carers whose children attend a school managed by the East Dunbartonshire Council and who get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support or Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Universal Credit where the monthly earned income does not exceed £625
- Working Tax Credit with a household income no greater than £16,105
- Child Tax Credit only with an annual income of less than £16,105
- Asylum Seeker, receiving support under part VI of the Immigration Act 1999
Making an Application: School session beginning August 2021/22
You can apply for free school meal, free early years meal and school clothing grant on one simple online form which you should complete for all children in your household.
You should upload a scan or photograph of all supporting documentation as evidence of eligibility where indicated on the form so that your entitlement can be verified.
Once you have submitted your application you will receive a confirmation email and a reference number which should be used in all correspondence
School Clothing Grants will be paid directly in to bank accounts so please complete the bank details section on the application form to enable the grant to be paid.
You can complete the application form here:
Please note: There is now just one combined online form for all free school meal, free early years meal and School Clothing Grant applications.