In line with the current Government and NHS guidance on social distancing and to help stop the spread of coronavirus Covid-19 we would remind all residents of the following important messages in relation to playgrounds/playparks, parks and our allotment.
To help reduce the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID 19) please do not use play areas or equipment.
Inspection and maintenance of play equipment and safety surfaces is now suspended as services deal with emergency and essential works only.
To help reduce the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID 19) please do not use parks to congregate in large groups. Government advice is to exercise in small family groups while observing social distancing and hygiene and to exercise outside for only a short period (one hour) a day.
Mugdock Country Park Update (Friday 17 July)
Mugdock Country Park visitor centre and toilets reopen to the public on Monday 20 July and new measures have been put in place to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff.
For your safety –
- Follow the one way system around the outside of the Courtyard when entering and leaving the park – please do not enter and leave via the Courtyard unless you require to access the facilities.
- The picnic tables have now been reinstated at the front of the courtyard (customers are advised to use these at their own risk).
- A one way system is in place in the Courtyard and two metre markings have been set up at the entrance to the toilets and visitor centre.
- Toilet facilities will be cleaned three times per day.
- A maximum of two people/two households are permitted in the toilets at any given time.
- Within the toilet facilities, soap, hand gel and paper towels will be replenished regularly and signage on exercising good hand hygiene is clearly displayed.
- A maximum of two people/two households are permitted in the visitor centre shop at any time and as per Scottish Government guidance, customers are required to wear a face covering.
- Customers should use the hand gel provided at the shop entrance when entering and leaving the shop.
- The Courtyard shops and cafés (take away only) are open and visitors are asked to adhere to physical distancing guidelines when queueing within the Courtyard.
- BBQ areas are available for rent and users must follow Scottish Government advice on meeting other households outdoors.
- Play areas are open and signage in relation to physical distancing and good hygiene is on display.
When visiting Mugdock Country Park please follow the latest Scottish Government advice on physical distancing and meeting people from other households.
Please note: an update on the services provided by the Countryside Rangers will be provided in due course.
Parks Maintenance Update (Tuesday 19 May)
From week beginning Monday 18 May, some seasonal maintenance services will recommence, including grass cutting and herbicide treatment in parks. This is a phased return and the tasks will be undertaken using a reduced number of employees so timescales and frequencies will reflect this revised way of working.
To help reduce the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID19) please observe public health advice on social distancing and hygiene if using your allotment at Rosebank to exercise. Government advice is to remain at home and to exercise outside for only a short period (one hour) a day.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding in these challenging times. We all have a responsibility to follow the guidance to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and protect our communities.