Updated Thursday 7 January
In line with the current Government and NHS guidance on social distancing and to help stop the spread of coronavirus Covid-19 we would remind all residents of the following important messages in relation to playgrounds/playparks, parks and our allotment.
Inspection and maintenance of play equipment and safety surfaces continues on a limited basis as the Service deal with emergency and essential works only.
To help reduce the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID 19) please do not use parks to congregate in large groups. Government guidance is up to 2 people from 2 separate households can meet outdoors for sport, exercise or social interaction while observing social distancing and hygiene measures.
Children under 12 do not count towards households or numbers when meeting outside.
Mugdock Country Park
Mugdock Country Park visitor centre and toilets are currently closed to the public and measures continue to be in place to ensure the safety of all visitors and staff.
For your safety –
- Follow the one way system around the outside of the Courtyard when entering and leaving the park.
- There are picnic tables are at the front of the courtyard (customers are advised to use these at their own risk).
- A one way system is in place in the Courtyard and two metre markings have been set up.
- The Courtyard shops and cafés (take away only) are open and visitors are asked to adhere to physical distancing guidelines when queueing within the Courtyard.
- Play areas are open and signage in relation to physical distancing and good hygiene is on display.
When visiting Mugdock Country Park please follow the latest Scottish Government guidance on physical distancing and meeting people from other households - Read the Scottish Government stay at home guidance
Please note: an update on the services provided by the Countryside Rangers will be provided in due course.
Streetscene Maintenance Update
The Service will continue to undertake a reduced number of tasks e.g. de-littering, emptying street litter bins and some seasonal tasks. The tasks will be undertaken using a reduced number of employees so timescales and frequencies will reflect this revised way of working.
To help reduce the potential spread of coronavirus (COVID19) please observe public health advice on social distancing and hygiene if using your allotment at Rosebank to exercise - Read the Scottish Government stay at home guidance.
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding in these challenging times. We all have a responsibility to follow the guidance to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and protect our communities.