The East Dunbartonshire Business Awards are back for 2019 - focusing the spotlight on the shining stars helping to power the local economy.
The awards will once again showcase the good work taking place in boardrooms, shopfloors, social enterprises and hostelries across our area.
Dozens of businesses, entrepreneurs and community champions entered or were nominated for the 2019 awards - organised by East Dunbartonshire Council.
The winners - chosen by a judging panel involving representatives of the Council, Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce, and business and voluntary sectors - were announced at the final, held in Kirkintilloch Town Hall on Friday 17 May.
The winner of the 2019 East Dunbartonshire Business of the Year was Finsbay, a café, bar and restaurant in Milngavie.
The 2019 winners in full:
- Start-Up Business - Everything Hygiene Ltd
- Established/Growth Business - Home Instead Senior Care
- Digital Innovation - Bearsden Beauty
- Independent Retail Business - I Sew 2
- Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism - Finsbay
- Eco-Friendly Business - The Caurnie Soaperie
- Service Provider - Better Organised
- Social Enterprise - Auchinairn After School Care – Forest School
- Community Champion - Milngavie in Bloom
- Special Recognition Award - The Caurnie Soaperie
- Business of the Year - Finsbay.
Councillor Billy Hendry, Convener of Place, Neighbourhood & Corporate Assets, helped to present the awards.
He said, "Congratulations to all the winners - and indeed all of our finalists - who have shown the innovation, determination and hard work so vital to the success of East Dunbartonshire's economy.