Regardless of your role, you play an important part in protection children and young people in East Dunbartonshire.
You have the following responsibilities:
- To be aware of your organisation’s Child Protection policy
- To be alert to indicators of concern in children and young people you have contact with
- To respond to concerns you have about a child by acting in accordance with your organisation’s procedures
The links to documents provided on this page will support you in fulfilling your responsibilities. Contact information for partner agencies is provided on the landing page.
West of Scotland Interagency Child Protection Procedures
East Dunbartonshire’s Child Protection policies and procedures are informed by the West of Scotland Child Protection Procedures and can be found in the documents section below.
- West of Scotland Child Protection Procedures
- Integrated Learning and Development Calendar 2019-2020
- Education Child Protection Procedures 2019
- Corporate Parenting Policy- EDC
- Self-harm and suicide guidance 2016
- Children affected by parental substance misuse Toolkit
- CSE Safer Choices Practitioners’ Guide
- CSE- Practitioners Guidance
- CSE- Definition 2016
- Sexually Harmful Behaviours- Risk Management Framework and Protocol for Children with Sexually Harmful Behaviours
- Anti-weapon and Knife Guidance 2017
- East Dunbartonshire Protocol for Sexually Active Young People
- East Dunbartonshire Policy Document on Sexual Health for Looked After Children
- EqIA - Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood (RSHP) Policy