East Dunbartonshire Joint Learning Disability Team
Phone: 0141 355 2200/304 7450
The service is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The Joint Learning Disability Team for East Dunbartonshire involves a wide range of health professionals and social workers.
It helps people to live as independently as possible, either with their families or in accommodation of their own, with whatever support they need. The team recognises that all individuals are different and that the people who care for them will know them best.
Following an assessment, the team will work out what support is needed. This can include practical, emotional and social support, such as:
- Supporting you to find something to do, like getting a job or work experience, or going to college;
- Making sure you are getting the right money;
- Supporting you in deciding where you want to live now and in the future
Provide help for you and your carers at home if you need it with things like:
- Getting up and getting ready to go out;
- Give you and your family a break from each other - usually by you going to stay in a house with other people with a learning disability.
View our Strategy 2018-2023 within the document section.