Assessment - a guide for parents

Is my agreement needed for an assessment?

In most cases yes, as Social Work and other agencies will need your permission to obtain and give information about you and your child(ren) and to speak to your child(ren).

There are a few special circumstances when your agreement may not be sought, and this will be decided after considering what is in the child / young person's best interests.

It is usually where there are concerns about child(ren) being at serious and immediate risk of harm.

Further information is available in our Leaflet Guide.