This consultation is now closed as of 3 March 2019
East Dunbartonshire Council is carrying out consultation on new draft policies for taxi and private hire vehicle operators/drivers - from 22 October 2018 to 3 March 2019.
The goal is to bring local conditions up to date - protecting the public and making it easier for members of the trade to comply with the law.
The new conditions set out responsibilities for the safety and reliability of taxis, as well as giving the Council and police clear guidance as regards enforcement powers.
The Council is working with partners in the trade, Police Scotland, community councils, advocacy groups and the wider general public to gather views on the draft proposals.
Please see the Documents section of this webpage for details of:
- Draft Private Hire Drivers' Conditions
- Draft Private Hire Operators' Conditions
- Draft Taxi Drivers' Conditions
- Draft Taxi Operators' Conditions
- Taxi & Private Hire Policy & Appendices
- Schedule A
If you have any comments, feedback or questions please e-mail email@example.com before 3 March 2019.
You can also send written responses to Karen Donnelly, Legal and Democratic Services, East Dunbartonshire Council, 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TJ.
* Please note - Schedule A, Conditions of Fitness of Vehicles - will be uploaded shortly. Keep checking the page for updates.