The Council has set up the Local Licensing Forum has been set up by the Council. Its role is to keep under review:
- the operation of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 in the Forum's area
- the exercise by the Licensing Board of its functions.
It can also give advice and make recommendations to the Board on general policy but it cannot review or give advice or make recommendations in relation to a particular case.
The Forum is made up of holders of premises and personal licences, police representatives, a representative from East Dunbartonshire Health Protection, Social Work, Community Support and a Youth Development Worker, the Licensing Standards Officers and people resident within the Forum's area.
The minutes from the Licensing Forum meeting are published as soon as possible after the meeting has taken place. Notification of the next meeting will be given as soon as it's arranged.
The Current members are:
- Dominic Notarangelo (Chair)
- Lynne McGuire, Steven Young, Rahul Randev and Florence Cairney (Licensees)
- Chief Inspector Brian McInultey and Sergeant Jeff Harper (Police Scotland)
- Karen Murray, East Dunbartonshire Council (Health Protection)
- Andy Martin, (Social Work)
- Jacki Gallacher (Community Support)
- Bill Reside (Young Persons)
- Keith Small, and Tom Friel (Persons resident in the area)
- Neil Miller and Michael Murphy (Licensing Standards Officers)
Attached are copies of the minutes of the meetings held on 25 February 2009, 6 May 2009 (which includes an alcohol presentation delivered at the meeting), 10 December 2009, 22 April 2010 and 21 September 2010. A copy of the Licensing Policy Statement 2005 and Licensing Forum information from the Scottish Government is also attached.