The East Dunbartonshire Business Awards are back for 2019 - focusing the spotlight on the shining stars helping to power the local economy.
The winners - chosen by a judging panel involving representatives of the Council, Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce, and business and voluntary sectors - were announced at the final, held in Kirkintilloch Town Hall on Friday 17 May.
The winner of the 2019 East Dunbartonshire Business of the Year was Finsbay, a café, bar and restaurant in Milngavie.
The 2019 winners in full:
- Start-Up Business - Everything Hygiene Ltd
- Established/Growth Business - Home Instead Senior Care
- Digital Innovation - Bearsden Beauty
- Independent Retail Business - I Sew 2
- Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism - Finsbay
- Eco-Friendly Business - The Caurnie Soaperie
- Service Provider - Better Organised
- Social Enterprise - Auchinairn After School Care – Forest School
- Community Champion - Milngavie in Bloom
- Special Recognition Award - The Caurnie Soaperie
- Business of the Year - Finsbay.
Councillor Billy Hendry, Convener of Place, Neighbourhood & Corporate Assets, helped to present the awards.
He said, "Congratulations to all the winners - and indeed all of our finalists - who have shown the innovation, determination and hard work so vital to the success of East Dunbartonshire's economy.